Search This Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Exercise multiple points




For this exercise I chose an unfussy part of the beach with attractive ripples in the sand. I thought that it would make an excellent back drop.
I then added pebbles of similar but varying sizes and colours one at a time.

with the first pebble I tried to place it on the thirds line, however I can see that on review it is probably too near the centre.

For the second pebble I wanted a bit of an offset but not too much and also a colour contrast.


The third pebble was placed again in a random position but still forming the inevitable triangle.


I then placed the fourth pebble in a position that I thought did not create an obvious geometric shape. However on review I can see that the shape of a square is clearly evident.


The fifth pebble was a brighter colour and I was trying to break up the obvious square shape.

When I added the final pebble it was clear that my positioning could have been better I was too near the centre of the shot with the stones and the shape was a little too geometric.


The blue lines show the relationship between the pebbles and displays a couple of clear squares, the red line is the outer shape and is a clear rectangle. Within the shapes the green lines show several triangles.

No comments:

Post a Comment