Search This Blog

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Changes to Assignment 2 following tutors comments

The comments made by the tutor were very constructive and although harsh at times I considered them to be a fair assessment of my work.  To that end I have attempted to make the changes suggested and improvements where I thought appropriate.

For the CURVE shot I have utilised a shot of a curved structure that has more emphasis on the curves.  It was shot in a tranquillity garden.

My original DIAGONAL picture had a poor relationship with the background with distractions all through the shot.  I have altered the picture with light room to remove the background distractions in particular I have made it a much closer cropped shot.


I have left the DISTINCT IF IRREGULAR SHAPE shot unchanged.

The HORIZONTAL AND VERTICAL original shot was a poor quality photograph with little interest,  To that end I have selected another shot of some vegetables.  This a more natural less contrived shot of horizontal and vertical lines and in retrospect I much prefer it.


For the two IMPLIED TRIANGLES I have removed the distractions in the background by primarily re-cropping the photographs.


For the PATTERN shot I have taken the tutor advice and made the photograph Black and White in order to take away form the colour and form of the flower.  I think that it is a partially successful technique, the pot is still a distraction,however it I definitely believe that it does emphasis the pattern to a greater extent.

For the RHYTHM shot I have just attempted to remove the black cables from the left hand side of the shot by altering the crop.  


The SEVERAL POINTS IN A DELIBERATE SHAPE was the hardest photograph for me to capture.  My original did not meet the brief and subsequent attempts were not a lot better.  In the end I have settled for an unusual tree that has various points within it's shape.  I have made the photograph black and white to take away from the colour of the tree.


Both the tutor and I were content with the last two shots, SINGLE POINT and TWO POINTS.  I have included them in this post for completeness. I did attempt unsuccessfully to remove the burnt out sky form the second shot.



No comments:

Post a Comment